When you turn 65, you may be planning to apply for Medicare Advantage. Perhaps you’re under 65 but you’ve been told you qualify for Medicare due to a personal injury or another factor. Either way, you likely have a lot of questions, one of the first being, after I apply for Medicare, which Medicare Advantage plan should I choose?
Good and Associates Insurance Services has helped many select the best plans for them and here, we wanted to highlight the choices you’ll have.
What Makes Medicare Advantage Unique?
Also referred to as Medicare Part C, Medicare Advantage plans combine original Medicare coverage but are sold by private insurance companies. They often offer more benefits than traditional Medicare, which is why so many choose Medicare Advantage over other plans.
For example, Medicare Advantage is designed to provide:
- Prescription drug coverage
- Preventive care
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Hearing coverage
- & More
What Types of Medicare Advantage Plans are Available?
Currently, there are five Medicare Advantage plans available, they are:
- Private Fee-for-Service (PFFS) Plans: These plans are special payment plans that are equipped with a lot of provider flexibility.
- Special Needs Plans (SNPs): Are designed for those with chronic conditions to help defer medical costs.
- Medical Savings Accounts (MSA): This type of plan combines a high-deductible health plan with a medical savings account option as well.
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) Plans: This Medicare Advantage plan requires referrals for specialists and has its own team of in-network doctors.
- Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO): These plans vary depending upon the different out-of-network or in-network services you need.
Before we go, here are just a few benefits of Medicare Advantage:
- High-quality, coordinated medical care
- Savings opportunities
- A wide range of coverage options
- Personalized plan structures
We can help you apply for Medicare; call us today!
To find out about which Medicare Advantage program is right for you, contact Good and Associates Insurance Services online today or call 1 (800) 429-9900.