Running from October through December each year, the annual Medicare signup period is certainly something that many need to monitor and mark on their calendars. However, comparing your options and not waiting until the last minute will likely help you in the long run. That way, you make the very best decision for yourself and pick a plan you’ll be comfortable with.
Sometimes, this is easier said than done, which is why the team of experts from Good & Associates is here to help. Below you’ll find some important pointers to help you get ready for the Medicare enrollment period!
- For those with partners already covered by Medicare, check their plan to see if there have been any recent changes to provider groups, copays, premiums, or deductibles. This will give you a better idea of what to expect.
- Get familiar with the different parts of Medicare, like Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement, and how they work. If you come across anything you don’t understand, be sure to reach out to a qualified insurance professional to learn more.
- If you have a Medicare Supplemental policy (also referred to as Medigap) currently, keep a close eye out for any premium increases. In the future, you may want to switch policies or drop your current one in favor of another plan to balance your costs.
- You can easily find out all of the details pertaining to the different plans you’re eligible for by visiting www.medicare.gov and searching for your State Health Insurance Assistance Program.
- Collect up-to-date information on your health status; you’ll need to provide this info during the enrollment period. Be sure to have things like your health record, the medications that you take, and other documentation at the ready.
- Add up the costs you’ve been spending on doctor’s appointments and hospital visits to determine whether having a mixed Medicare coverage plan could benefit you. There are also additional programs that can provide extra financial assistance provided on a state-by-state basis you can look into.
Contact us today for more about Medicare signup and how to prepare!
To learn more about being ready for Medicare signup, contact us online today or call 1 (800) 429-9900.